The National Fire Prevention Association reports that over 46,000 annual fires occur from faulty electrical writing or malfunctions. This accounts for about 13% of all home fires reported in the U.S. today. Frayed wiring is a major problem that every homeowner must worry about and take action to prevent.
Poor wiring is dangerous to everyone in the home. It isn’t a problem that you should ignore! There are cables in the wind that carry electrical current. It is very hot and can catch fire if the cable is damaged or if it receives more current that it can transmit, which can happen due to things being plugged in, importer extension cord usage, etc.
To ensure that faulty writing doesn’t start a fire at your home, here are a few things to keep in mind:
· Schedule an annual inspection of the home’s electrical system. It is better to be safe than to be sorry and this is a great way to gain peace of mind in your home.
· Keep an eye on your appliances and electronic cords. Avoid using any that you notice with frayed wires or cords.
· Pick up the phone and call electrical contractors winston salem nc at once since wiring is likely faulty.
· Don’t overload circuits.
· Use surge protectors to prevent power surges
· Don’t use power strips to plug in appliances if at all possible. These trips increase fire risk when powering larger electrical surges.
If you want to stay safe, it is important to ensure the electricity in your home works the way that it should. Use the information here to prevent electrical fires and other problems caused by frayed or disturbed wires. It makes a big difference when your home is safe and you’ve taken measures to prevent a fire.